bkgnd

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tom Petty.....my Heartbreaker

I'd like to think that if you asked any of my family or
friends that they could tell you who
my most favorite musician is.  
At the young, tender age of 4 years old I first heard this
amazing man sing.  I must give credit where credit is due though.
I have some pretty amazing aunts and one of them was in her prime,
music listening teens/early twenties.
She used to take me riding about town to flea markets
and old, vintage stores and we would
listen to "that one falling song."  Well "that one falling song" 
was none other than the great 'Free Fallin' by 
Tom Petty.


That was my first love, I'm sure of it.
As I grew up my aunt would follow his music as did I.
Now in my mid-twenties I havn't stopped listening to his
beautiful lyrics and riffs.  
I've been to 3 concerts(far not enough)
 and each time I find myself closer and closer to the stage. 
I'm was privileged to take my momma with me to my last concert in 2008
and sit on the floor...7th ROW! Yeah, it was the highlight of my
Tom Petty career.

Anyways, I just wanted to share a little bit about my secret love..
actually, it's not really a secret about how much
I love Tom. Love might actually be an understatement.

So, I leave you with this, one of my favorite songs...



Until next time....
Enjoy!
kle

1 comment:

  1. I remember some of his older music that caught your attention before free fallin' even came out! It seemed like everytime a Tom petty song came on you would ask me..who's that..you were so little. anyway, I told you that you must really like Tom Petty..everytime you hear a song your ears picked up on it! :)))

    ReplyDelete